Sunday, June 7, 2009

Take it easy?

Today I went to mass with the family. Came home and did some cleaning around the house. Kaity didn't want to take a nap so I laid down with her and we both fell asleep. Sally and I went out for dinner for our anniversary( which is actually on the 13th, but I will be in the hospital) and then we went to Target.

Yesterday I was so darn tired to type. So tonight I wanted to elaborate more on yesterday's events. Sally was telling everyone on Friday how I need to take it easy. I know many of you agreed with her. Well, you won't believe what she did to me yesterday. Like I said yesterday we went to visit her friend, Kim, at the hospital. Sally asked me if I wanted to stay home with the kids or go with her. I was tired and decided it would be more restful to go with her then staying with the kids. When we first got there Kim was nursing. So Sally and I told her we would come back in a few minutes. I didn't eat very much yesterday and I was starving. I suggested to go to the cafeteria. We walked to the elevators and while we were waiting Sally came up with this brilliant plan. Let's take the stairs. Without even including me in her decision she said "Come on let's take the stairs." Before I even had a chance to reply she had already darted to the stairs. She didn't even wait for me to catch up before she flew down stairs. By the time I caught up with her it felt like I just had completed a marathon. "Hmmm" I kept thinking "Glad she wants me to take it easy. I can't imagine what it would have been if she wanted a work out with me." If that's not bad you should have seen her the day. I like to go shopping with Sally ( I know that's weird being a guy and all, but I like looking at boy toys). The other day Michael had a couple of hours free to watch the kids. Sally needed to do some running around and I wanted to go with. So I was thinking maybe one store. Nooooooooooooooo not Sally. She likes to compare prices. She also likes to go on line and read reviews before making a purchase. I am surprise she doesn't check the reviews when she buys my drawers. I guess I should be lucky because she really isn't a browser. She likes to get what she needs and leaves. I on the other hand like to take my time and look around. So the other day she kept dragging me in and out of stores. Not only that but she kept walking fast and kept telling me to hurry up because we didn't have enough time. I did get upset with her because I was getting tired and I felt like she didn't understand. I wish I was still the studly athlete she fell in love with( keep all comments to yourself). Chemo has really taken a toll on me.

Not sure but I think chemo has effected my hearing as well. Of course I can't hear Sally half the time. I think that has a lot to due with being together almost 14 years. I finally have mastered the fine skill of tuning her out. But now it's getting to the point I can't hear other people as well. Yesterday, Zachary was talking to me and I kept saying "What Zachary? I can't hear you?". While this was going on Zachary asked Sally why I couldn't hear. Sally said it's because I am old and deaf. Zachary went to repeat what Sally had said to me and I still couldn't hear and said "What?". A roar of laughter came from the both of them and Sally had to explain to me what just happened.

Michael was a crab yesterday. Zachary felt like Michael wasn't being nice to him. It's hard because Michael is so much older then Zachary so most of the time Zachary can't even get Michael back. Once in awhile Zachary will come up with a clever way of getting him back. Like peeing in a cup and telling Michael he made him lemonade. Last night Zachary said he wants to build a robot. A Clone Wars robot to be exact. He wants to program the robot to be mean. In his exact words " I want the robot to be mean to Michael so it will scare him away and he will never come back home." It breaks my heart to see Zachary sad. Zachary is a good boy and it hurts him when his brother isn't kind to him. Life is hard enough for him without having a big brother to make him feel bad often.

You know it's a good day in Chicago when the Cubs won 6-3 in 14 innings and I won't rub it in any one's face about how the Sox did ( lost 8-4 to the Indians). Take care and God Bless.

8 comments:

  1. Usually, I let what Bill says about me go, but tonight I feel that I need to set somethings straight. Yes, I did take the stairs. We were going down the stairs now climbing up. I really didn't think going down a flight of stairs would be that hard on him. As for walking fast, Bill was never a fast walker. Even when he called us "the fat couple" which pushed me to start taking walks, Bill would walk with me. I would not like to walk him with him because he would walk slow and look at everything. He is the same way with shopping. I am usually limited on my shopping time so I try to go fast. So when he is pokey I blame it on him wanting to look at everything and not his chemo. The other day I wasn't trying to be mean and I felt bad. Honestly, I thought he was being slow because that is the way he normally is. I had less then 2 hours to shop. He could have stayed home and rested.

    Now he might understand how Zachary feels when we go on bicycle rides. Bill goes so fast that Zachary can't keep up and is worn out. Bill is so far ahead of us even if we were to yell he couldn't hear us (even if he had good hearing he still couldn't hear). The last time we went with him he was so far ahead that Zachary wanted to stop. So we rode our bikes to the park instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's your story and your sticking to it.That just perfect. You couldn't say anything when I was writing the blog. So you waited until nobody is around to make your case. I will tell you something it's my blog and I am always right no matter how wrong I may be, so deal with it Mrs.Ceiga

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget you wouldn't have a blog if it wasn't for me. Also, I don't think there is anyone else who would be able to put up with you and your blog. So there Mr.Ceiga.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wife who started the blog needs to learn how to use it. Like making sure when she post a comment that she lets everyone know that it is her and not me bickering with myself.She sneaks another comment without my knowlege.Read the numbers somebody likes to read the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly what I am doing. Checking to see if you are paying attention?

    ReplyDelete
  6. if i'm following this match correctly i believe it's bill's move....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a patient that lost her hearing due to chemo, but she was happy that she was able to keep her hair. I guess it is a trade-off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am getting confused. All I know is I am always right.Again this is my blog I am never wong!(sorry Jacqueline)I do have to say that my wife likes to tell stories too!

    ReplyDelete