Saturday, June 6, 2009

I'm getting there

Last night I went to the first Friday service at the Carmelite Monastery. This is something that I would like to get in the habit of doing.It's a all day affair and you can come and go as you please. I get there at about 11:30 or 12:00Am to say my prayers and the Rosary. At about 1:30 AM there is a break for coffee and other munchables. I like going later at night cause it is quiet and not a whole lot of people there to see me do stupid things. When it was time to take our break, I went to get a cup of coffee. People were there chatting away.I grabbed a cup and started to fill it up. I took the cup filled with coffee and it hit the nozzle and spilled all over my hand. I said "!@#$%^&** and ^&&*(*&%$. I know that wasn't very nice considering I was at the Monastery but, that coffee was hot like McDonald's hot. The worst part was everyone stopped talking to see what all the ruckus was. I kept on cleaning up my mess and ignoring everyone else. I got done and turned around and everyone was looking at me. Now there will probably be a picture of me in the food area telling everyone of my verbal assault and that the coffee is very hot and to be very careful.

Sally and I went to see Sally's good friend Kim in the hospital cause she had a baby girl named Sophia Marie and weighed 5' 9 . Her and her husband tried for a while to have a baby. So this was truly a God send. That really made me think of the birth of my kids. I remember the first time when Zach was born. It was one of the happiest days of my life. I always thought I wouldn't have a child of my own. Sally and I had a hard time trying to have little Dolphin Boy. We had to have help with a Fertility Doctor. It really didn't take as long as I thought it would, it was about 5 mos when Sally got pregnant. When Zach was born I remember seeing him bend his foot and it would touch his shin. I said to myself"WHOOOOA. I thought that maybe he had a broken ankle or something. He didn't, I guess newborns can do that.

Sox finally won 4-2 against the Indians.
Cubs are tied 3-3 against the Reds at the top of the 11Th.

This is a short blog. I really need to get some sleep so I can get more done tomorrow. I hope to have a more refreshed day tomorrow. Thanks for visiting my blog and God Bless you all.

2 comments:

  1. God bless you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs, best wishes, thoughtful prayers, pure positive vibes for your journey on Wednesday as you get through yet another kink on the path.

    You seem to be doing better than I was this far into the chemo treatments. I was pretty much in a wheelchair or one of those motorized carts- could hardly stand, weak, felt like crap all the time, exhausted, sweating like crazy with any form of activity, big old black circles under my eyes. 4.5 months since my last chemo, and I still struggle with some of the symptoms. Strange isn't it how everybody's body is different with reactions.

    I really enjoy your stories about your kids. Years from now you (and Sally) will look back on this and laugh at the way you two write! You two make me laugh and that is always a good thing :)

    Patty

    ReplyDelete