Thursday, April 2, 2009

Chemo Day


I still laugh when I look at this picture. This was from our honey moon at Wisconsin Dells. I added bubbles to the jacuzzi and didn't realize it would bubble up like it did. I was laughing my butt off. I had a hard time holding the camera steady. Bill didn't find the humor in it. He wasn't to happy with me. It was our first tiff as man and wife. It was the beginning of his many walks.

Today, Bill is really tired. We were woken up at 3Am from
Kaity. She screamed for at least 30 minutes while I held her. No matter what I did she wouldn't calm down. She made sure the entire family was awake. She seemed to be afraid of something and didn't want to have anything to do with Bill. Out of desperation I tried bribing her with taking her outside and she said "noooooooooo", then I tried candy and she said "nooooooooooo", she didn't even want her biby "pacifier". Not sure what her problem was but we were happy when she calmed down and I was able to rock her.

This afternoon Bill saw the doctor and had a chemo treatment. 3 down and 9 to go. After the 6 treatment he will go in for scans to see if the chemo is working. His blood work looks good and the doctor told him it's
Ok for him to be gaining weight. Some of the medication they give him during treatment has steroids in it which can contribute to the weight gain. The side effects from chemo should also get better as he goes.

He has been very courageous through this. He has never complained and takes each day one day at a time. He is always thinking about everyone else and trying to make it easier for everyone else through this difficult time. I am very proud of him. I am not sure if I could be as graceful if it were me.

Bill has a bodacious appetite today. He ate a large lunch at 11:30 Since 2PM he had 6 snacks, a large hot chocolate, 2 huge plates of dinner and now is waiting for chocolate pudding with whip cream. I made a double batch but I have a feeling at least half of it will end up in Bill's belly. This morning I put short ribs in the crock pot. Dinner tonight was very tender boneless short ribs smothered in a tangy/spicy rich sauce. Served with tender wide buttered noodles sprinkled with chopped parsley, sea salt and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Also, with very flavorful fried cabbage which was very sweet and tender.

Hopefully, tomorrow Bill will be able to write his blog. Usually, on Saturdays after his chemo is the hardest day for him. I am going to try to make a slide show with the pictures from the benefit. If anyone has pictures they would like to share please email them to me at smileysal1@aol.com. Thanks

4 comments:

  1. Whoah-nelly, that's not what I expected to see when I visit your blog. Put some clothes on, dude!

    I hear the Big-Boss-Man is going to visit your humble domain this afternoon! That is awesome. And Bill, I want you to know, there is NOT a DAY that goes by that someone at work does not ask me about how you are doing. Seriously, people are concerned for you, praying for you, and rooting for you every single day!

    Hey Sally, I just wanted to tell you that I think you are a GREAT wife to Bill! Your efforts to help Bill in this battle have been nothing short of amazing!!!!! You are blessed to have such an amazing family!

    I look forward to this BLOG being renamed BILL'S LIFE AFTER BEATING CANCER! Jesus can heal anyone, anytime, anywhere!!!!

    May God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! i wasn't sure myself if i was on the right blog page or not! i mean i read the title and for a second i wondered if maybe they were bathing him in his treatment! :)

    hey sally, i'm beginning to see where michael gets his sense of humor! :)

    and i agree with dan here about the name of this blog after these chemo treatments are over...sounds like a plan!

    ok bill are you ready for the start of the season? MONDAY!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!

    take care...blessings to all of you always. deb:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHERE ARE ALL THE CUB FANS? LETS GO WE NEED MORE VOTES ON THIS SITE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure the CUBS votes will increase over the next 3 days.

    :-(

    ReplyDelete