Thursday, April 16, 2009

4th time


Today I had my 4th Chemo session. It went well, I had no ill effects during the session. I went and relieved Michael and his girlfriend from watching Zachary during his soccer practice. During this time I said the Rosary, a Divine Mercy Novena and Chaplet, a prayer to Mother Theresa and A Prayer to our Lady of Lourdes to occupy my time as not to think to much. After practice I took Zachary to the park. I was sitting on a bench and it was getting chilly so I decided to zip up my hood. As I was doing this the zipper grazed my cheek ( on my face) and I had the feeling of needles piercing my cheek. Later both of my hands were cramping up. I started to play with Zachary and a friend of his and I was climbing the stairs to the slide and my hands were electrified. This seems to be the quickest reaction times I've had since starting the chemo sessions. I will not be able to really enjoy anything cold until about next Friday. That is when most of the effects start to wear off. Considering I like ice cream that really sucks. ( rocky road is my favorite) When I start to eat something after not eating something for a while my jaws will hurt really bad but, it goes away quickly.

Today my dinner menu was Beef Fajitas made with Flank Steak. The Flank Steak was cut up into thinly sliced strips as to be able to see through each slice. The Steak was joined with Green and Red Peppers that were cut into evenly sliced strips and Onions that were cut Julienned style. They all were put in a crock pot to slow cook. Just the right amount of Cumin, Coriander and Chili Powder were added to the mingling morsels of meat strips and vegetables. All were cooked perfectly til the meat was tender to the touch. ( I used a fork not my fingers, you think I'm goofy)but, if I did touch then with my fingers they would of been tender to the touch. We also had the best tasting Refried beans made Taco Bell style. ( refried beans mixed together just perfectly with cheese and Taco sauce) With all this we also had Spanish rice . I like to mix the rice with the Refried beans simply delish.

I will cut this off for now. I am really kind of tired and going to try and go to sleep a little earlier today. God Bless you all and remember 7 days without prayer makes one weak.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bill,
    Glad the chemo effects were better yesterday. Your 1/3 of the way done! Two more sessions and your half way.

    The pictures of Kaity are cute.

    ReplyDelete