Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Just another day

Today, I feel good. I still have the pain in my arm and shoulder but the pain medicine is making it much more bearable. I forgot yesterday to mention , I will be going for physical therapy. Just waiting for the insurance company to approve before I schedule an appointment.

I also wanted to give out a huge thank you to the St. James Life Ministry. They are a group of great teens. This past Saturday they hosted a movie night and all monies that were collected went to help my family. This huge jester really meant a lot to me. It seems the youth usually get a bad rap which is unfair to them. From my experience they are generous , willing to help and are a great bunch of kids.

I hope the weather clears up. Days like we have been having seem to make me gloomy. Today I stayed home. I straightened up around the house and help Zachary with his homework. We filed our taxes and dealt with the insurance company and the hospital about the bills. We got everything straightened out so one less thing on the to do list.

Tonight's dinner not sure what to call it. We call chop suey but it's really not . It's another one of Sally's concoctions. It's thin bite sizes of cooked pork, with cut onions, celery, carrots, cabbage, broccoli, water chestnuts, baby corn, bean sprout and bamboo shoots. It's cooked in a light sauce and served over a bed of rice rushed sraight over from China for my consumption. The boys always have 2 helpings of this. She might alter the veggies. We just use what we have on hand. It's a great way to use the veggies.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Bill! Sally emailed me today about you. I haven't heard from you in ages and was wondering what happened to you. I am so sorry to hear of your cancer. You will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers often. A thank you to Sally for informing me. If she didn't, I would never have known. I always was fascinated by your ghost hunting experiences. I bet you miss that. Right now my twin sister and our girlfriend we grew up with are visiting us -- Gail for one week and my sister for two weeks. We all are having good times together. Last May, probably at some time doing yard work, I got a partially torn achilles heel and it will take a year to heal. Because of that I can't do a lot of walking so I couldn't go with them today down to the historic district of Savannah -- just too much walking for me. I've been having to limit the activity on my foot and just take it easy. And since the end of Dec. I have had infections in both ears. After four antibiotics and about 7 trips to the ear doctor, my left ear is fine but I still am having a little trouble with my right ear. I still have to be on an antibiotic for a little longer. For many weeks I could barely hear out of both ears and until you lose your hearing, you really don't appreciate it. Because of this bad ear problem, I could not fly up to Ohio in Jan./Feb. like I usually do to visit my sister and mom and enjoy the cold and snow. And wouldn't you know it, the year I can't be up there, they had tons of snow and cold that I was not able to enjoy! Well, it is very late and I must get to bed. I will write again soon. Take care and God bless.

    Susan (suz10250@aol.com)