Saturday, December 10, 2011

Our Trip to Disney Day 1

We had a 6:30 am flight to Orlando Florida.  The night before the kids were all excited and had a hard time falling asleep.  Sally still had all the packing to do. It was after 10pm and we just got the kids to settle down and into their beds.  I was going to help Sally pack but she insisted I go to bed.  Reluctantly but gladly, I took a shower and went to bed. The limo was scheduled to arrive at 4am.  3am I woke up to a knock on the door.  Sally was in the shower and the limo had already showed up.  All the luggage was ready to go all we had to do was get dressed and jump into the hummer.  I was still very tired.  Michael went to sleep an hour before I woke him up and Sally didn't have a chance to go to bed.  The little ones had less than 5 hours of sleep. I expected them to be two little bears but they were the opposite.  Kaity smiled the entire ride to the airport.  
Our travel agent, Tess, was aware of my illness.  She kept in touch with Sally and Michael during the planning of the trip.  She had arranged a wheel chair for every time I was to enter to an  airport.  I wasn't thrilled at first.  I was told I wouldn't have to wait in lines at the airports and could board the plane faster so I agreed.  When I arrived at Midway, all I had to do was sit down on the wheel chair and everything else was done. All the baggage was carried up for us.  An escort took us through security and up to the terminal.  It didn't take very long at all.  In fact, Sally and the kids had a hard time keeping up with me.  Kaity fell a couple of times.  She fell at least a dozen times by the end of the day.  

The airplane ride went well.  There was some minor turbulence near the end but it wasn't much.  I sat next to Zach and was able to sleep a little. Zach slept as well.  The rest of the gang sat together.  Sally said Kaity was awake the entire time talking.  She loved the plane ride.  The boys not so much though.  Michael was trying to convince us to rent a car to return home.

By the time we arrived at the hotel, us 3 older ones were running on empty.  We decided to rest for a bit before we did anything. Kaity was still running and didn't want to rest.  She kept bothering Sally. Later we attended Chef Mickey's Backyard Barbecue.   The dinner was buffet style.  We had ribs, chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers, potato salad, macaroni and cheese, baked beans, water melon  corn bread, corn on the cob and Mickey Mouse ice cream bars.  The entertainment was in hoe down style. Mickey Mouse and some of his gang were there as well.  Kaity loved dancing around but Zach was to shy. Unfortunately, I started to feel bad right before we got there.  I continue to feel progressively worse. Sally and Zach left with me and Michael stayed with Kaity until the end since she was having a blast.  I felt sad for having to leave early but when I found out it took Michael and Kaity almost 2 hours to get back to the hotel, I didn't feel so bad.  

Here our pictures from the barbecue party.

 That's my girl a double fister.


  1. Bill,
    I'm so glad you are being able to have this wonderful experience with your wife and children. Disney world is an amazing place. Enjoy!