Sunday, December 18, 2011

Disney Day 5

We began  day five at Animal Kingdom.  This was the park the kids had been looking forward to the most. Maybe it's because they feel more comfortable around animals.  Because of the fiasco of the night before, Sally made dinner reservations as soon as we walked through the gate.  The rest of the day we were free to roam the park in leisure.  We went on the Kilimanjaro Safari, the kids took a nap during The Finding Nemo musical, and we did tons of walking that day. I also ran into the same guy from work, I saw yesterday. At two different parks. What are the odds of that?  My pain was beginning to effect me.  I was hurting a lot and it started to show.  We stay at Animal Kingdom until after our dinner. We ate at the Tusker House.  It was a buffet with African cruisine. We were seated near the windows which we were able to watch Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade while we dined. My wife told us we should be daring and try the different kinds of food. The boys and I filled our plates with food from the "kiddie" section while Sally tried the different dishes and glared at our plates. Hey I am still a kid at heart and I love kiddie food. Who said I have to eat like an adult?  Mini corn dogs,mashed potatoes, mac and cheese rules out "adult" food on any day.  Especially, when the adult food is foreign to me.  If it were an Italian Cruisine I would have been more then gladly to stay away from the kiddie table but it wasn't. 

                                              There is actually a person in all that  foliage. Can you see them?

After Animal Kingdom we went to Magic Kingdom since they were staying open until 1AM.  It took almost an hour to catch the shuttle.  From the bus we had to catch the ferry to get to Magic Kingdom.  It took almost 2 hours to get there.  It was a long hot day and waiting for transportation about did me in.  We get to M.K.  and it is crowded and the twilight parade was in progress. Kaity couldn't see so I held her up on my shoulders so she could watch. She loved the parade.  I did not regret what I did but I paid for it dearly.  After that I was finished.  I couldn't do no more.  I was physically and emotionally drained.  I felt awful not being able to continue on. My family reassured me they didn't mind and went back to the hotel with me.  No one seemed disappointed but I was.  

When we got back to our rooms, Michael took the little ones swimming.  Sally and I took it easy while I waited for the pain medication to kick in and Sally rested her cankles.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are having this opportunity with your family. It will be something your family will talk about for the rest of their lives. Good job on hanging in there with all the crowds and lines. You might want to consider getting a wheelchair for you as well as a line pass. It is something they make available to people who have certain kinds of physical ailments. We went once to disneyland with my sister-in-law whose daughter was severely asthmatic. We were able to jump our whole group to the front of all the lines with her daughter's pass.
    Have fun and make memories...