Sunday, December 11, 2011

Disney Day 2

The morning of day 2, I woke up early.  I woke up at 3am and couldn't fall back to sleep.  The night before, Sally mentioned about getting an early start. When I finally got out of bed, Sally yelled at me for making to much noise.  She sent me to the concierge and the gift shop.  When I got back, the boys were up and ready.  Sally and Kaity were still sleeping in bed.  Sally told me to take the boys to Downtown Disney for haircuts and she would meet us there later. I later found out Kaity had a hard time falling to sleep the night before.  She was home sick and crying for her grandma. Sally said they didn't fall to sleep until 2am. 


The boys and I did what we were told.  Except, there was not a barber shop.  We went looking around and it didn't take long for Zach to spot the Lego Store.  Kaity and Sally joined us.  We walked around and had lunch at Planet Hollywood. Zach didn't eat his lunch because a Chucky doll that was in an enclosed glass case freaked him out and he lost his appetite.









From there we went to Magic Kingdom.  We had tickets to "Mickey's Merry Christmas Party".  The entire park was decorated for Christmas.  It was spectacular.  We stood in front of the castle and watched it light up.  Kaity's eyes were huge and I stood there with pride holding her. There were Christmas Carolers, hot chocolate and cookies stations, fire works and a parade.  We spent most of the night riding all the rides and getting autographs and pictures with the Disney characters.  I never got a chance to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate and a cookie but I did have a lot fun with the kids.  We stayed until midnight. Would have stayed later if the park didn't close. 









I had to practically lasso Zach to get him away from Tinkerbell. I don't know where is gets the smoothness from.
I have chemo in the afternoon but, will try to get another blog out.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bill,
    I couldn't be happier for you and your family. What a special treat to be at the happiest place on earth. Walt Disney built his parks in the first place so that parents and their children could have fun together. Good luck with the chemo.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete