Friday, December 23, 2011

ERCP Day

This afternoon, Bill has an ERCP http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ERCP done.  Indeed the stent was clogged.  A plastic stent was put in the bile duct.  The metal stent remains because it can not be removed.  The plastic stent is  only good for 3 months, so I am not sure what happens next.

I was told before the procedure the infection is in his blood stream.Which is most likely caused by the bile duct.  Bill will be in the hospital through Christmas. I do not know when it is expected for Bill to come back home. He also had a CT done last night, but I do not know the results.

After the ERCP was finished, we waited for the gastric doctor to talk to us. He never showed up. We waited for him for a long time and at that point I said as long as the oncologist knows what is going on, I am fine with that.  Since I knew, the oncologist would be up to see Bill and he could explain everything to me. Michael and I waited and waited and waited.  Luckily, Bill's sister Carolyn and her husband John took Zach and Kaity to the movies and out to dinner. I knew they were having a good time and that was a huge relief to me.  After not eating all day,Michael and I went to the cafeteria to grab a bite. I told Bill to call my cell phone if a doctor shows up.   When I got back in the room Bill was sleeping.  A priest came in the room and administered  "The Sacrament of the Sick". Bill talked to me for a  bit.  My mom called and I mentioned I was still there waiting for the doctor.  Then I heard Bill said "he was here already".  By then it was 6pm.  I asked Bill a bunch of questions but he didn't know anything either.  I was frustrated to say the least.  This is the reason I do not know anything.

Now I have to figure out how to make Christmas special for everyone.  I still have some shopping to do, the kids want to make cookies and I need to be with Bill as well.  Plus, all the stores will be closing early tomorrow for Christmas Eve.  I really need to learn how to juggle.  I will figure everything out in the morning. :)  Thank you once again for all the prayers.  I know they are working.   ~Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment