Monday, August 15, 2011

PET scan in the morning


I just found out I have a PET scan scheduled for tomorrow morning.  I have to be there at 8.  I will be cutting it close since I work until 7am.  UIC is requesting this.  It's routine to have it done after a S.I.R.T. procedure.  http://www.uwhealth.org/radiology/selective-internal-radiation-therapy-sirt/10503

Even though it's routine, it is still going to be worrisome.  More so now then ever.  The results maybe another life changing event in my life. I can only think of 4 possibilities it could be.  The first one, there is no change. Wouldn't be the greatest news but at least the cancer is being contained and not growing.  The second possibility the cancer activity has lesson.  Which I will be dancing the jig if I hear this news.  The 3rd possibility could be a miracle has happened and I am cancer free.  Anything is possible and I do believe in the power of prayer but God's will may not allow this.  The forth and most dreadful possibility could be chemo is not working.  Cancer is growing and there for chemo treatments will be discontinue.  This is my biggest fear.  No one wants to hear they are doomed.  Especially me.  


Whatever the results, I know by the grace of God and the help of family and friends I will be able to handle it.  It frightening knowing that this time could be it.  Since there are no other treatment options, scans are scarier then a scary horror flick.  Not a good comparison since I love horror flicks. Let's  just say I am about to be scared out of my britches, waiting for the results.  

I or Sally will update with the results as soon as we know.  As for those who encounter me in their daily lives, I might not be my chipper self.  This is why.  Please understand and avoid me if I am a grump.  Thanks.  

3 comments:

  1. We will be thinking of you Bill and your family. Love, light and prayers that your scan results will be good news !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you big hugs Bill and all good wishes coming your way...

    Will be checking back for an update once you're ready to let us know.
    I'm really hoping for Option 3 for you but Option 2 is also acceptable...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying for a miracle for sure!!!! And also checking back for an update.

    ReplyDelete