Saturday, August 27, 2011

It's A Go

Thanks to Bill's new doctor, he was able to have his PET scan this morning.  It went well.  Now the waiting game begins.  He see his oncologist Friday, and we are hoping for the results then.


Last night was a very long night for us.  Bill had to check his sugar levels and call the doctor every 3 hours.  I felt guilty every time I called her, especially at 3am.  Bill is doing very well giving himself the injections. We are both having trouble getting enough blood from his fingers for the testing.  I realized this morning his fingers are very callously and I think that is the problem.


He is sleeping now.  He took the kids out for awhile earlier this afternoon so I can sleep.  Now, he is trying to catch up on his zzz's. I am on my way out the door to get some groceries.  It's going to be challenging.  Bill loves his carbs and not that big of a meat eater.  


Hope everyone has a great weekend. 

2 comments:

  1. oh sally! God bless you for the update...haven't been able to get the 2 of you off my mind since last night!!! i have no words only prayers and they continue nonstop each and every single day! blessings to all of you, deb:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were watching tv and a commercial came on for a diabetes blood checker thing. It only needed a small drop of blood compared to regular ones because it kind of sucks it up instead of smearing? It was called freeform something or other and had a picture of a butterfly. Maybe that will help?

    ReplyDelete