Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Home Coming

I couldn't drive for 10 days but still had to get out a lot. The day before my 44th birthday I met with the oncologists. He didn't paint a rosy picture but he seemed very hopeful. The treatment for colon cancer has come a long way in the past 2 years. I will have chemotherapy every other week for 12 sessions which should be 6 months. The treatment is actually 2 days long. I go in one day for a 5 hour session. Before I leave, a medicine pump will be connected to the port and that will pump medicine on me for 48 hours and then I come back and have it removed.

The week following my birthday, I was busy with scans, test, appointments and I had a port put in for the chemo treatments. The port makes it easier for the chemo. I was a little sore for a few days after the port.

No comments:

Post a Comment