Friday, January 13, 2012

How Am I Doing?

How am I doing? I am doing better then I have in a while and I am thankful for that. I have had two chemo treatments since I have been out of the hospital. I have started to monitor my sugar levels and realized when I feel nauseated it's because my blood sugar is low. I have been trying to eat at regular times (even when I am not hungry) and I have been  able to eat more as well. I haven't gained any weight but I haven't lost any more either.  I am OK with not gaining, I just don't want to loose anymore because of  not feeling well.  

As for the pain, it is tolerable.  I can't go without my pain medication, but the pain is now manageable with it. Sometimes, in the evening the pain is worse but it's usually better by morning. I am glad to be functionable again.

I miss not working. I miss not socializing.I miss not working out. I miss not having a need to get up every day and a purpose for my day.  I have started attending mass daily.I really enjoy doing this  I usually go in the morning and that seems to help.  I try to keep myself busy by doing laundry, washing dishes, and house work.  Sally said she knows I need to keep busy so she is being kind when she watches soaps and eats bon-bons while I "keep busy".  I also have been taking Zach to his basket ball practices.  When the weather was nice, I took him to the park to practice.  I have been spending a lot of time playing with the kids. I am really enjoying this part of being home.  I do get tired easily and often have to lay down in the afternoon for a bit but other then that I am doing good as good as I can be.

That is how I have been doing the last few weeks. I can live with this and be happy. I hope all of you can live happy as well. Thanks for visiting and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment