Monday, October 4, 2010

Feel like I am being discriminated


Update

A brief update. Kaitlyn's appointment at Riley's went well. The doctors still feel her pains are more or less "growing" pains. Sally and I are not so convinced but respect their expert opinion. Right now they are going to watch and wait. Which I agree, is better then putting her through more blood work and test. She did test positive for a marker that is linked to lupus and arthritis. However, she doesn't have enough symptoms to make the doctors believe something else is going on. She goes back in March for a follow up visit.

We had a nice day when we went to Riley's. We took the kids to the zoo. Kaitlyn really enjoyed looking at all the animals. Zachary had a good time as well but was disappointed because he didn't see many turtles. Also, he wondered why zoos don't have turtle shows. More about that in another blog.

Today was the day for my colonoscopy. It was the best one so far. It was the best one so far because we canceled it. More insurance woes. I really miss having HMO. I didn't have to go through all the hassles that we are dealing with now. Routine colonoscopys are covered 100% by my insurance. Mine isn't considered routine since I had a tumor. Even if they found a polp it wouldn't be considered routine any longer. Now it's considered a procedure. Procedures have a $250 co-payment. I feel like I am being punished by my insurance company for having cancer. First it was the pump not being covered and now this. I will have the colonoscopy done but I am going wait until January. In November, my work has open enrollment for insurance and we can switch insurance plans. Hopefully, there will be one that will be more accommodating for me. Right now it feels my insurance company would rather have me die from cancer instead of helping me with my care. Now I am wondering if I am going to be charged $250 for having the wax taken out of my ears. I was told to go to the ENT Doctor before I got retested at work( I failed miserably the first time).

I had my cat scan over a week ago. It left me a little nervous because the tech needed to take some more pictures after viewing the X-rays. I found out later that is very normal which eased my mind. I go Thursday for the bi-weekly Avastin treatment and received a phone call that my doctor wants to discuss the results of the cat scan with me that day to.I am nervous about this one. I will keep everyone posted on the results. In the meantime, I will be a cooking up another post and praying a lot.

2 comments:

  1. Bill,
    Thanks for the post. I'm sure everything is fine. Hope to see you and your family at Mike's in a couple of weeks.

    The big sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh bill!!!! i am floored and speechless!!!! i don't understand either and i pray that come november there will be better options for you! you have come so far so please don't let this drag you down....keep the faith and know that many hold you close in prayer and will continue to do so!!!!
    blessings for always
    deb=))

    ReplyDelete