Sunday, February 20, 2011

This isn't goodbye.


Why are we so gloomy?  Today we celebrated my mom's 73rd Birthday.  Happy Birthday Mom!  That wasn't the reason for the blues.  The reason for the sadness, is that today will be the last time I will see my big sister, Dawn for a very long time.  Well I hope it's for a very long time.  If I see her sooner than a long time , it would mean something bad has happened or  is happening.  So in that aspect, Dawn I hope I don't see you for a very long time.  Dawn and her husband Dave have bought a house in Alabama. Since they are able to receive senior citizen's discounts they feel they are now to old to endure the long Chicago winters.  


It's been along time since we actually cohabited together during our childhood.  It's been a very long time since she had snatched all my chocolate candy in my Christmas Stocking, shared her  bag of Doritos by giving me about 3 after I walked 2 miles in blistering heat in the summer and 5 ft of snow in the winter, bare footed and holes in my coat, when I was able to wear my coat because she would wear it around the house to keep herself warm,( and our furnace worked fine) to buy them for her, I had to endure her singing in the car(that was the worse of the worse), and it's been a very long time since I pulled her hair.  Even though it's been a long time and she lives one state over and 40 plus miles away from me now, I am really going to miss her when she moves 15 hours away from me.


 Thanks Dawn and Dave for being there for me when I was at my worse.  I am not going to say good bye it seems so final.  So I am going to say have a safe move.  
Love,
Bill







1 comment:

  1. Bill,
    Thanks for the comments. I'm going to miss you, too, and those awesome kids of yours. But, it's funny, I don't quite remember things for our childhood quite like you do...

    You know I love you, and my prayers will always be with you.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete