Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I'm still here.

Thank you Zach, for writing the last post.  I am very proud of you and happy to call you my son.

I am sorry for not posting in a long time.  Truth is, I was not feeling so well.  Zach mentioned some of it on his post.  I was in tremendous pain for weeks. The pain medication I was on did not help. I often spent my days in bed which made me miss a lot of important times with my family including Zach's and Kaity's birthdays. Not being well enough for times like that just about killed me. It was hard to see everyone going on with their life's, Sally trying to handle everything on her own, trying to take care of me as well and here I was laying in bed not able to do anything. 

I am finally feeling better with the help of new pain medications.  I am not 100% pain free but a whole lot better then what I was.  Keeping my fingers cross, this will continue.  It's great to have my life back for now and to be functioning again. I am hoping to put some weight back on.  Last year I weighted over 230 pounds.  Sally would often get after me for what I would eat.  Now, I weigh 178.  Sally does whatever she can to get me to eat and consume high calorie foods.  Fish fillets were seldom before, now if I just make a mentioning of them she will run out and get me one with a shake.  She even switched my milk from skim to whole. She will buy me ice cream, candy bars, snowballs, and whatever else I want or she thinks I will eat.   The sacrifices I am now making to make her happy.  


I do have a few posts started from January and February, before the pain became constant and unbearable.  I am hoping to start posting them in a quickly matter.  Thank you for your continue prayers. 


God Bless,
Bill

5 comments:

  1. Glad the pain is being managed a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill,
    It is good to hear from you again. I'm glad they have been able to figure out something to help you with the pain and that lets you enjoy your family more. I hope it keeps working for you.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to have you back and free of pain for the most part. Continuing to pray on my daily Roasay for you and your family. Just take one day at a time. Love you lots and God bless you. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bill, my prayers continue to be with you and your family. I'm glad that they've got the pain under control, and that you're doing what you can.

    Don't beat yourself up over "missing" the kids' birthdays- my dad was in the hospital waiting for transfer to hospice on my birthday. I was just grateful that A) he didn't die on my birthday and B) he was feeling good enough to chit chat and watch a movie.


    A suggestion- try adding a banana and some ice cream or greek yogurt to an ensure+ calories if you can tolerate cold foods (my dad couldn't). It works miracles for putting weight on. If you like the chocolate flavor, add some peanut butter in too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bill,
    You don't know me, but I came across your blog through a family member who is also dealing with the same illness as you. I just wanted to write to tell you that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. You are an inspiration to many.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete